The holidays are not that far off! If you are looking for one or two new projects for the holidays – check out the following 25 FREE Christmas Quilt patterns that I have found.
I updated this post in January 2023 as I found several tutorials were no longer available. I hope you enjoy these tutorials!
25 Free Christmas Quilt Patterns
1. Pinwheel Star Placemats – The Crafty Quilter – Something that I enjoy making for myself and also as a gift is placemats. The Crafty Quilter shares a great tutorial on making holiday placemats using one simple quilt block. You could also make the placemats out of fabrics that coordinate with your kitchen so you can use them all year long.
2. Nutcracker Ornament Table Runner – Samelia’s Mum – This is a cute little table runner called Nutcracker Ornament that features little appliqued ornaments along both ends and some fast and easy blocks make up the center part. This could easily be made longer or shorter.
3. Scrappy Christmas Mug Rug – Many times I like to make little mug rugs from the leftover scraps from a different project. This little mug rug tutorial is a great way to use up small pieces of fabric.
4. Holiday Applique Coasters – Coasters are another of my favorite things to make for myself or as a gift. These are the cutest little applique coasters with 4 different designs and a free download for full-size patterns. This is a great way to use up scraps!
5. Pinwheel Stars Tablerunner The Crafty Quilter – Remember the placemats that were shown in the 1st free Christmas tutorial? Well, how about making a beautiful pinwheel star table runner to match! You’ll have it done in no time at all.
6. Snowman Hotpad Crafty Staci – The cute little December Snowman would be fun to use during the holidays. There is a downloadable full-size pattern as well as directions on the website. You can also find tutorials for different hot pads for each month, you should see the little pumpkin!
7. Peace Wall Hanging – Be sure and take a look at this tutorial! Those cute little Christmas trees are much easier to make than you would think. There are plenty of photos to walk you through the steps to make this beautiful wall hanging.
8. Little Christmas Trees – This would make a wonderful quilt to display at the holidays!
9. String of Stars Table Runner – make a beautiful string pieced star table runner
10. Farmhouse Christmas Table Runner – This is a beautiful table runner in a farmhouse style
11. Holiday Pillow – This pillow can be made in no time at all with raw-edge applique ornaments!
12. Charming Christmas Quilt – You will find two different sizes of this beautiful quilt.
13. Mini Christmas Quilt – Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, goodwill toward men. Embroidered bible quote and sweet appliqued birds, holly, and a present on a branch.
14. Christmas Tree Pillow – Modern paper pieced envelope-style pillow.
15. Very Merry Wall Quilt – Made from one quilt block and some appliqued trees.
16. Treelicious Christmas Pillow – A colorful pillow with 3 different appliqued Christmas trees
17. Winter Snowflake – Fast and easy table topper made with half-square triangle blocks and some added applique.
18. Star Break Quilt – this is beautiful in Christmas fabrics and you can also make it in other colors for a completely different look.
19. Tree Tops – A wall hanging different sizes of flying geese blocks make a cute little wall hanging.
20. Christmas Stocking Tutorial – Fast and easy pattern from Diary of a Quilter for strip pieced Christmas stockings.
21. GingerBread Ornament – A beautiful ornament perfect for any Christmas tree.
22. Improv Christmas Trees – A wall hanging once again, this is a great quilt project to use up your scraps on.
23. Tis the Season Table Runner – A table runner that looks difficult but is really pretty simple.
24. Patchwork Christmas Pillows – Everyone can used more pillows for the holidays, this is a fast and easy quilt project.
I hope you have enjoyed this roundup of 25 Free Christmas Quilt Patterns
If you liked these then check out this post for 15 more free Christmas quilt patterns.
Please note that this post contains affiliate links, which means I’ll earn a small commission if you purchase through my link at no extra cost to you. Please see the full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.