Have you ever made the Bow Tie quilt block? It is very easy to make using this simple Easy Bow Tied quilt block tutorial and there are no set-in seams! You can search the internet and find this traditional block made in many different sizes.
How to make a simple Bow Tied Quilt block
Sometimes I get a little crazy and make changes (actually I do this all the time) anyway, I am calling this a Bow Tied quilt block, I’ll share the “real” Bow Tie block in another post.
Many of my new subscribers have told me that they are fairly new quilters so I’ll be adding some new posts and tutorials to help them.
Cutting directions for one Bow Tied quilt block
- Cut two 3″ teal squares
- Cut two 3″ teal print squares
- Cut four 1½” cream squares
Stitching the Bow Tied quilt block
- Draw a line diagonally on the wrong side of the 1½” cream squares with a water-soluble marker or a light line with a pencil
- Stitch a little bit away from the marked line toward the outside corner.
You can see in the next photo the stitching that I have done.
- Press to set the seam.
- Fold over the small square and press.
- Trim about ¼” away from the seam.
- Each block measures 3-inch
- Arrange the blocks into two rows and sew them together with a ¼” seam allowance
- Sew both rows together
- Your block will measure 5½” x 5½”
Here is the completed block, my seam is a smidgen off but I’m not worried.
Here are a few things you can make with the Bow Tied quilt block.
Tomorrow…..promise!! I’ll share the third quilt project and a tutorial for the placemat I made with the Bow Tied quilt block!
Would you like to have the measurements for this block in different sizes? Let me know.
Easy Bow Tied quilt block tutorial
Please note that this post contains affiliate links, which means I’ll earn a small commission if you purchase through my link at no extra cost to you. Please see the full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.