This post may contain referral/affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Batik Table Topper Tutorial
Size 19″ x 19″
This is a fast and easy batik table topper tutorial that I think you will enjoy! It would make a beautiful Valentine’s day gift! The size is 19″ x 19″ and can easily be made in a afternoon.
This is a very easy block to make that has been around forever and the colors you choose really make a difference on how it looks.
This is another beautiful batik project made with Island Batik fabrics. I am so happy to be an ambassador for them!
There are 2 dark reds, a medium pink and also a lighter pink used in the table topper.
- Cut 2 inch strips the width of the fabric. I used fat quarter pieces.
- Cut 3 strips of each fabric.
- Sew them together with a 1/4″ seam allowance. Make 3 strip sets.
- Press and measure your strip set. It should measure 6 1/2 inches.
- Cut pieces 6 1/2 inches by 6 1/2 inches.
Take 2 of the squares and place them right sides together going in opposite directions. Look at the diagram below. On one the stripes are horizontal, on the other they are vertical.
Stitch around all 4 sides.
Cut the block diagonally twice as show below.
Open the blocks and press. Lay them out as shown below.
Make 4 sets of blocks for the table topper and sew together.
Cut 2 1/2 inch strips and add a border to the blocks.
Add your backing, batting and quilt.
I used Aurifil thread for the free motion quilting that I did on my vintage Singer 15-91.
Add binding and you are done! I like to cut my binding 2 1/2″ and sew it on by machine.
I hope you enjoyed this Batik Table Topper Tutorial.
Other posts you might enjoy:
- Batik Table Topper in Teal
- Seaside Table Topper tutorial
- Silent Night Table Topper tutorial
- Hidden Wells quilt block tutorial
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.