Yesterday it rained so guess what I did instead of working on the deck......yep I was able to get this all quilted!
I used the new AccuQuilt Schoolhouse die which is a fun applique piece. It is also on sale right now.
There is a wonderful post on AccuQuilt's blog that will show you exactly how to cut out the schoolhouse die. This is another project that the photos were on my old computer that crashed. My daughter bought me a layer cake of batiks for my birthday and that is what I used.
The quilt is approximately 44 x 60 so I did my free motion quilting on my 15-91 Singer sewing machine. I used some Aurifil thread that I think is really a blue but matched pretty good with my gray Kona cotton.
My plan was to hang the quilt in this Redbud tree for a couple photos but......
the wind kept knocking it down. Of course now you get to see the back of the quilt.
It was still sprinkling a little but I really like taking the pictures outside. I don't know if you noticed but....a couple of the schoolhouses are turned the wrong way. This is something I seem to do quite a bit.....forget to make sure I lay the fused fabrics all down the same way on the die. Of course I could just pretend that I "planned" to do it this way.
The backing is one of the fabrics I found on sale a couple weeks ago and I thought it looked cute with all the batiks and gray background.
Don't forget that there are free patterns you can get too.