I am tickled and proud to announce that I am an Island Batik Ambassador for 2019! I have been an ambassador for them since 2014 and it has been so much fun to received boxes of beautiful fabrics and goodies twice a year. Thank you Island Batik!
You can see all of the boxes that I have received since I became an Island Batik ambassador and other information on my Island Batik Ambassador page. I’ll be updating this soon.
It is always so much fun when boxes like these show up! I was actually out of town babysitting my grandchildren when mine came and I had to wait several days before I could open them. This was also the same time that we found a house in the same town and put an offer in on it. Can’t wait to move!
Each year there are more and more ambassadors added, I believe we are up to 50 this year! Each of us receives a box of batiks and other goodies twice a year. There is always Aurifil thread that coordinates with our surprise bundle of fabrics that we don’t share until closer to Quilt Market.
You can get a hint as to the colors in my surprise bundle as you also receive a bundle of coordinating basics. My batiks are blue and yellow. We also receive some rayon fabric and a beautiful scarf. It is just like Christmas when a box like this comes!
Last year we started receiving batting from Hobbs and this year…..we get to try all different types of their battings! You can find a great assortment of Hobbs battings on sale right now at Connecting Threads.
Something new this year is that AccuQuilt has teamed up with Island Batik and each ambassador received the AccuQuilt Ready, Set, GO! Ultimate Fabric Cutting system which includes the 8″ Qube set and 2½” strip die. The ambassadors will be sharing all kinds of quilt projects using the 8″ Qube set.
I have worked with AccuQuilt for several years and have all of the Qube sets so I got to pick a few dies that I didn’t already have. I picked the 3½” Tumber AccuQuilt GO! die and the GO! Equilateral Triangles (3/4”, 1¼” 2¼” Finished Sides)
Meet the new 2019 Island Batik Ambassadors!
Wow, what a list!
- Carolina Asmussen ~Carolina Asmussen
- Gene Black Gene Black
- Pamela Boatright PamelaQuilts
- Connie K Campbell Freemotion by the River
- Anja Clyke Anja Quilts
- Tina Dillard Quilting Affection Designs
- Becca Fenstermaker Pretty Piney
- Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter
- Barbara Gaddy Bejeweled Quilts by Barb
- Dione Gardner-Stephen Clever Chameleon
- Sarah Goer Sarah Goer Quilts
- Vasudha Govindan Storied Quilts
- Lori Haase Dakota City Quilter II
- Joanne Hart Unicornharts
- Mania (Magdalini) Hatziioannidi Mania for Quilts
- Carla Henton Creatin’ in the Sticks
- Stephanie Jacobson Steph Jacobson Designs
- Connie Kauffman Kauffman Designs
- Joan Kawano Moosestash Quilting
- Kim Lapacek Persimon Dreams
- Emily Leachman The Darling Dogwood
- Leanne Parsons Devoted Quilter
- Bea Lee BeaQuilter
- Toby Lischko Gateway Quilts & Stuff
- Denise Looney For the Love of Geese
- Leah Malasky Quilted Delights
- Sally Manke Sally Manke
- Maryellen McAuliffe Mary Mack’s Blog
- Kathleen McCormick Kathleen McMusing
- Carol Moellers Carol Moellers Designs
- Karen Neary Sew Karen-ly Created
- Lisa Nielsen Lisa Lisa and the Quilt Jam
- Jackie O’Brien If These Threads Could Talk
- Laura Piland Slice of Pi Quilts
- Michelle Roberts Creative Blonde
- Vicki Schlimmer Vicki’s Crafts and Quilting
- Gail Sheppard Quilting Gail
- Sherry Shish Powered by Quilting
- Anita Skjellanger Quilt in a not-Shell
- Laticia “Tish” Stemple Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- Jennifer Strauser Dizzy Quilter
- Jennifer Thomas Curlicue Creations
- Terri Vanden Bosch Lizard Creek Quilts
- Alison Vermilya Little Bunny Quilts
- Sandra Walker mmm! quilts
- Suzy Webster Adventurous Applique and Quilting
- (Debora) Anne Wiens Seams like a Plan
- Geraldine Wilkins Living Water Quilter
- Janet Yamamoto Whispers of Yore