I seem to have quite a few half finished projects cluttering my quilt studio lately......so I decided to work on a couple. This little mug rug just needed some quick quilting and a binding and it was done.
I cut the design with my Sizzix Big Shot and a die last year.....actually this is the leftover from the design. Sometimes I cut my piece of fabric a little bigger so I can use the inverted design as something else. I used Heat & Bond Lite on the back of the batik fabric.
Here is the project that started the whole thing....well actually I think I originally started it because I had some left over half square triangles that I wanted to use. Add a square in the center with a design on it, add borders and you have a pillow. Now you know why I have so many pillows!
The lines in this flourish are tiny so I just did a little free-motion straight stitching.....last year. Now I have the batting and backing all pinned together and I even have the zipper in the pillow back. Hopefully by next week I'll have it finished.
Fortunately the scraps that were leftover have already been cut into 2 ½" squares and 1 ½" squares and put into the scrap containers so I don't have to figure out something to make AGAIN from the leftovers. Tell me I'm not the only one who does this!!