The wind was blowing and it was freezing but I went outside to get a few pictures. I didn’t go down by the river as I was afraid my quilt might end up in the middle of the river and there would be no way I would go out on the ice.
I think the quilting shows up a little better outside on my Blazing Stars quilt that I made using the AccuQuilt Blazing Star die.
I had fun doing a feather in the green parts of the stars. I didn’t mark the top so my feathers are a little wobbly in some places…well maybe quite a few places. They have a very natural look.
I used a batik on the back and Warm & Natural for the batting. All of the fabrics on the front are batiks too.
The border isn’t the same batik that I used in the stars, this is another piece that I happened to have enough for the sashing and binding. I put a fold on two of the corner so this can be hung.
The quilt is about 29 inches square and I made it pretty much the way it looked on the AccuQuilt Blazing Star die package so it will be called……Blazing Stars.
My first post about this quilt was here on December 29th, when I showed the AccuQuilt die.
I guess this is my first quilt finish for 2014!
I really like the way the back looks!
I thought this was a neat picture with the sun shining on part of the quilt so you could see the quilting on it.
It is supposed to warm up just a little today so we might go meet some friends for lunch and I hope I can run in town and get some fabric for the back of Celtic Solstice before the bad weather hits on Monday.