Nope, it is a place-mat! I just laid it on top of my Roly Poly Owl pillow – I couldn’t resist laying it on the pillow to see what it looked like. When I want to try out something different I usually make either a mug rug or a place-mat. What I wanted to show with this was the difference in size of the maple leaves. I did one using the Accuquilt GO! Baby Fall Medley die and the other one using the Sizzix Big Shot and Leaves #2 die.
I really like both dies and they have different uses depending on what you want to make. The leaves were cut from a beautiful fat quarter of batik that I wish I would have had more of.
I cut my backing a couple inches bigger and after I quilted it I trimmed it leaving about 3/4 of an inch. Then I folded it over and sewed it down on the front as binding.
I did my usual appliquilt type applique and then stipple quilted the background.
We now have ONE new maple leaf place-mat…..you just never know what will show up on our table! The maple leaf in my signature is one of the leaves I made and then deleted the background in Photoshop.
Today we head to town as Builder Bob is going to remove and install a new garage door for my girlfriend….what a sweetie!