Have you seen the new GO! Spring Medley die? Cutting these shapes out with your AccuQuilt GO! cutter takes no time at all! I made a cute table topper but this die would be perfect for a baby quilt also.
Spring Medley Table Topper
23″ x 23″
GO! Fabric Cutter:
GO! Cutting Dies:
Cream Batik – ⅔ yard – background
- Cut one 23″ x 23″ square
- Brown – cut four 5″ squares for the baskets
- Tan – cut four 5″ by 3½” pieces for the bunnies
- Yellow – cut one 5″ by 4″ piece for the chick
- Assorted colors – cut eight 2″ squares for the eggs
- 1 yard Heat n Bond Lite
It was fun to dig into my stash of Island Batik fabrics for this project.
Apply the Heat N Bond Lite to the back of the fabrics for the applique following the directions included with the Heat N Bond Lite.
Place your fabric over the section of the die you want to cut out. Here I am cutting out the baskets.
If you would like all of your bunnies to face the same way, make sure you place all four pieces of the fabric on the die the same way.
- Take your background fabric and fold it in half and then half again and press so you can have some lines to help with the placement of your baskets and bunnies.
- Place the baskets on the background and add two eggs to each one before pressing the basket with your iron.
- Arrange the bunnies around the baskets.
- Place the chick in the center.
Use your favorite method to applique the pieces to the background fabric – straight, zig-zag, satin stitch or blanket stitch. Adding some kind of stabilizer behind the background fabric will make it easier to applique all of the pieces.
The applique was done before I quilted the table topper.
I used a dark brown thread and did a free motion straight stitch raw-edge applique around the pieces. I also used a Micron pen for the eyes on the chick and bunnies.
Stitch around each piece twice and don’t worry if your lines aren’t exact.
Don’t forget to free motion quilt inside each little basket.
- Add your backing and batting and quilt as desired.
- Use the GO! #55017 2 ½″ Strip Cutter to cut the binding.
- Machine or hand stitch your binding.
I always like to take my quilt project out on the deck!
Spring Medley Table Topper Tutorial
I hope you have enjoyed this fast and easy baby quilt made with the AccuQuilt GO! Fabric Cutter and the new GO! Spring Medley die.