I thought you might enjoy seeing a little project I am working on that involves.....lots of neutral strings.
I have this huge container of neutral strings, oops....I found some yellow in there that will get moved to my yellow/orange container. Anyway these are definitely string pieces. Nothing is wider than 2 inches and most are much narrower.
I had 4 string blocks with flowers on them and I decided to make a wall hanging and just add more neutral strings to the corners. It looked pretty good on the design wall floor.
After making the 4 string pieces the bucket of neutral strings....doesn't look like any were used. That is really okay because I need to make more of the string squares for a pattern I am working on.
So I hung it up on my wall which is across from my sewing machine and while I was working on something else yesterday I would glance up and look at the neutral string wall-hanging. The more I looked at it the more I thought it looked boring. Hmmmmm what to do.
Last night I used my favorite tool or I guess I should say my MOST used tool.....the seam ripper and removed the corners. I am going to add a flanged border in dark green and then put the corner strings back on. I think this will really make the center design pop.