I got to spend the whole weekend in my quilt room cleaning, doing lots of free-motion quilting and working on projects. I finished this little 15 inch square pillow out of Garden Song. It had been on my design wall as just a block after I had done some quilting using a template. I could never decide if I wanted to do the rest of the blocks the same way or not............so while I was cleaning I decided to go with a pillow. It looks a little overstuffed as I have a 16 inch pillow form in it. Need to get the 15 inch form made.
I went through my gazillion photos to find out when I pieced this, I was looking for photos of doing the quilting but I can't find them. I really need to re-organize my photos! This was taken in March 2011, look how much those kitties have grown! Simon is huge now.
I have several charm packs, some yardage and some blocks made....can't believe I forgot about this! Hmmm.....what will I make now?? Notice what I have it stored in? I use meat containers for projects. Builder/cook Bob loves to buy meat in large amounts and I throw the containers in the dishwashers and they are perfect to use!
I have a few projects going on.......see that beautiful shelf? Builder Bob started on that before we put the cabinets in my room, it is huge and the top is made to hold my templates. There is a drawer too. Well.....I have no wall space at the moment. Everything is sitting in the computer room for now, I really want that big bookcase shelf in my room too!
As long as I'm showing my mess...this is a pile of quilt tops that I've been cutting batting for to get them to the "NEXT" stage.
I had to bring up a table to support my quilting so I was a crazy quilter this weekend. Now to get the binding so I can share them!
I've been emptying this closet because Builder Bob is going to tear it out in Phase II of my quilt room remodel. He spent the weekend building a out-feed table for his saw which is a huge 4 x 4 table. When he gets done with that we'll be tearing my room apart again......gulp!
While cleaning, my assistants found this UFO. I remember making all of these coin squares, laying them on our bed and thinking......I just don't want to quilt a king size quilt.........I know what I'll do! A QAYG! Each block is 20 inches square and I decided to do a big free-motion quilt on each one then join them together. I had read about quilt-as-you-go quilts but I didn't want sashing. I didn't really do it the right way and only have 4 blocks put together and put it aside. I remember I was out of batting and wanted to use the same type.
At some point I bought the batting and it was stuffed in the back of my closet......amazing what you can find when you empty a closet out! I had 12 blocks that needed quilting so I worked on them this weekend.
Note to self: Don't trim blocks when you are tired/not paying attention.......see what I did! No problem, I just added the muslin side back on as a.....quilt as you go!
I now have all of the blocks done! I'll have to put this aside for the moment but when I go to put them together I'll show you how I did it.