I finished up my batik Split Rail Fence quilt which was a old, old UFO (unfinished quilt). I think I started it about 2 years ago and for some reason decided I wasn’t too crazy about it and stuck it away.
I had enough blocks done to make a baby quilt but…..I also had a pile of pieces already cut for more blocks so I decided to make it bigger.
The finished size after washing and drying is 70 x 86, it was originally 74 x 90. I washed it in warm water and dried in the dryer, none of the fabrics had been washed before. I used Warm & Natural batting and the backing was a oldie from my stash.
I quilted this on my frame that is set up with one of my vintage 15-91 Singers and I can’t believe I forgot to take a picture. The quilting is just a medium sized stippling.
I guess you could say I have a lot of different batiks in my stash…..I had a layer cake of batiks that were in off white colors that was used in this so there is a variety of light pieces.
It is good to see another old piece of fabric used up to make room for new…..
I’m putting together a little tutorial on the Split Rail Fence quilt but I don’t have it finished yet.