This post may contain referral/affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
I am happy and thrilled to announce that I will be an Island Batik Ambassador for the 4th year in a row!! All of you know how much I love batik fabrics and working with Island Batik is a dream come true! Getting my Island Batik Ambassador acceptance had me doing the happy dance! Thank you Island Batik!
I will share my first project as an Island Batik Ambassador for 2018! I hoard my leftovers from projects and try to find small projects to use them. Mug rugs are something I never get tired of making! Size doesn’t matter……I have little ones and big ones, it just depends on my scraps
I used the Cherry Berry collection for the Back to School blog hop and just love all the bright, beautiful fabrics! I made a huge Scattered quilt in September and then made huge king size pillows in October for the Creative Borders project!
Several of the batiks in the collection were used earlier for a couple small projects…..in fact I just finished one of them yesterday and I’ll share it soon.
I think the scraps from my Scattered quilt is what I have used. I remember sewing the small pieced into a long strip which has eventually evolved into a mug rug!
I keep mug rugs out in my living room on the tables and after putting away all of the Christmas mug rugs, I was inspired to make a couple new ones. It is freezing here in Iowa and the colors in this make me think of Spring!
I had forgotten about this quilt! I made the Swirly quilt using the Cherry Berry collection in May for the Modern Batik Challenge.
I hope you will enjoy all of the new quilts and projects that I’ll share in 2018!
This month we will be doing our final blog hop for the 2017 Ambassadors.
The schedule is below and I can’t wait to share the beautiful quilt I have made with the #alpineicebatik collection!
Pssst….a little gecko told me that there will be giveways and tutorials!!
Week 1 – Winter
Week of January 8
- January 8 – Blue Moon – Inquiring Quilter, Cheryl Lynch
- January 9 – Mountain’s Majesty – FunThreads Designs, Little Bunny Quilts, Sophie Junction, Quilting Affection Designs
- January 10 – Alpine Ice – Freemotion by the River, Slice of Pi Quilts #alpineicebatik
- January 11 – Alpine Jingle – Purrfect Spots Designs, Bejeweled Quilts
Week 2 – Spring
Week of January 15
- January 15 – Elementz – Den syende himmel, Inspired Layers
- January 16 – Southern Blooms – Yellow Cat Quilt Designs, Sally’s Quilting Corner
- January 17 – Morning Sunshine – Quilt’n Party, Desert Bloom Quilting
- January 18 – Season’s Shades – Inchworm Fabrics, Kauffman Designs
Week 3 – Summer
Week of January 22
- January 22 – Paisley Dot – Pamela Quilts, Seams Like a Dream
- January 23 – Sunflower Serenade – Kathys Kwilts and More, Whispers of Yore
- January 24 – City Culture 2 – Mary Mack Made Mine, heARTs Creations,
- January 25 – The Quilt Rambler, Lizard Creek Quilts
Week 4 – Fall
Week of January 29
- January 29 – Autumn’s Grace – Beaquilter, KISSed Quilts
- January 30 – Pumpkin Patch – Ark Angel Creations, Seams to be Sew,
- January 31 – Plum Delicious – Masterpiece Quilting, Adventurous Applique and Quilting
- February 1 – Northern Woods – MooseStash Quilting, Vicki’s Crafts and Quilting
I use affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, when you make a purchase I may get a small commission. Your support is very appreciated. Thank you!
AccuQuilt has some great deals going on right now!