This post may contain referral/affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Best of 2017
I never thought I would look forward to a new year as much as I do right now….come on 2018! This Christmas tree table runner was a remake of an older tutorial of mine – the Christmas Tree Table Runner from 2011 which is still one of my most popular posts.
My friend Lorna from Sew Fresh Quilts posted her Best of 2017 and Plans for 2018 a couple days ago and her post gave me the push to write my own Best of 2017 post and share it at Cheryl’s Best of 2017 Linky Party.
GOALS for 2017
- Continue doing a monthly guest post and project for AccuQuilt and share information on using their cutting machine and dies. I use them all the time.
- Continue being an ambassador for Island Batik.
- Share quilt projects from Fat Quarter Shop.
- Create at least one new tutorial a month – didn’t get this done.
- Submit more quilt patterns to magazines – didn’t get this done.
- Write more quilt patterns – not as many has I planned
- Spend more time with family – unfortunately this happened with my dad getting sick and passing away.
- Lose some weight and exercise more – didn’t get this done – I actually joked with my dad that every pound he lost ended up on me.
- Send out my newsletter! I have been so bad at this. (I have only sent out 2……) – didn’t get this done.
- Work on SEO and updating my blog – some work on this.
- Finish at least 12 UFOs this year – didn’t get this done.
- Have fun and enjoy life – I would say I appreciate life more now.
I also purchase classes like Skillshare and Food Blogger Pro which have yearly or monthly fees. I originally started blogging when I was doing digital scrapbooking and digital images are still my favorite thing to create. I am always learning new things with Photoshop and now Affinity. Learning new skills for my website is constantly going on.
When I was working you were expected to have goals, I have continued to have goals but I have reached the point in my life where goals aren’t that important. I am thankful for every day that I have and all that I have.
Teaching……this is something I have no desire to do, traveling….same thing much to Builder Bobs dismay. I love my quilt studio…..my happy place.
Thank you everyone for your support this year and I hope all of you have a wonderful 2018!
My patterns are still on sale for $3.99 or less at Craftsy – they will go back to regular price on January 1st, 2018.
We are heading out of town this morning to visit Bulder Bob’s daughters and familes and will be gone for a few days. Of course little Sadie will be going along….she is a wonderful traveler.
I use affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, when you make a purchase I may get a small commission. Your support is very appreciated. Thank you!
Download this free quilt pattern Wonky Heart Baby Quilt
Don’t forget to check out Fat Quarter Shop’s daily sale!