The holidays are not that far off! If you are looking for one or two new projects for the holidays – checkout the following 25 FREE Christmas Quilt patterns that I have found.
There are tons of free quilt patterns on Pinterest but many times the links are no good. I have tested all of the links in this post to make sure they go to the actual free Holiday quilt pattern.
25 Free Christmas Quilt Patterns
1. Pinwheel Star Placemats – The Crafty Quilter – Something that I enjoy making for myself and also as a gift is placemats. The Crafty Quilter shares a great tutorial on making holiday placemats using one simple quilt block. You could also make the placemats out of fabrics that coordinate with your kitchen so you can use them all year long.
2. Nutcracker Ornament Table Runner – Samelia’s Mum – This is a cute little tablerunner called Nutcracker Ornament that features little appliqued ornaments along both ends and some fast and easy blocks make up the center part. This could easily be made longer or shorter.
Scrappy Christmas Mug Rug – Many times I like to make little mug rugs from the leftover scraps from a different project. This little mug rug tutorial is a great way to use up small pieces of fabric.
4. Holiday Applique Coasters – Coasters are another of my favorite things to make for myself or as a gift. These are the cutest little applique coasters with 4 different designs and a free download for full size patterns. This is a great way to use up scraps!
5. Pinwheel Stars Tablerunner The Crafty Quilter – Remember the placemats that were shown in the 1st free Christmas tutorial? Well how about making a beautfiul pinwheel star tablerunner to match! You’ll have it done in no time at all.
6. Snowman Hotpad Crafty Staci – The cute little December Snowman would be fun to use during the holidays. There is a downloadable full size pattern as well as the directions on the website. You can also find tutorials for different hot pads for each month, you should see the little pumpkin!
7. Peace Wall Hanging – Be sure and take a look at this tutorial! Those cute little Christmas trees are much easier to make than you would think. There are plenty of photos to walk you through the steps to make this beautiful wall hanging.
8. Holiday Forest Pillow Olfa – These quick and easy flying geese blocks make the perfect little trees for this Holiday Forest Pillow tutorial. Can you imagine how cute this would be in red and green?
9. Chenille Christmas Stockings – Have you seen these neat Christmas stocking that have a chenille texture? Checkout the tutorial and learn how to use the Olfa Chenille Cutter to make your own Christmas stockings!
10. Winter Snowman Placemat Olfa – Here is another fun tutorial for a cute Winter Snowman placemat that is appliqued.
11. Holiday Pillow – This pillow can be made in no time at all with raw-edge applique ornaments!
12. Strings Stars Table Runner– This is a beautiful tablerunner that will take a little longer to make but will be cherished for years!. String blocks are a great way to use of your scraps of Christmas fabrics or make this with colors that go with your decor. You’ll be surprised at how easy the blocks go together.
13. Mini Christmas Quilt – Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. Embroidered bible quote and sweet appliqued birds, holly and a present on a branch.
14. Christmas Tree Pillow – Modern paper pieced envelope style pillow.
15. Very Merry Wall Quilt – Made from one quilt block and some appliqued trees.
16. Treelicious Christmas Pillow – A colorful pillow with 3 different appliqued Christmas trees
17. Winter Snowflake – Fast and easy table topper made with half square triangle blocks and some added applique.
18. FolkArt Christmas Tree – Martingale – a beautiful pattern that can be downloaded from Martingale’s web site. You might have to sign in but there are all kinds of neat free patterns.
19. Tree Tops – A wallhanging different sizes of flying geese blocks make a cute little wall hanging.
20. Christmas Stocking Tutorial – Fast and easy pattern from Diary of a Quilter for strip pieced Christmas stockings.
21. GingerBread Ornament – A beautiful ornament perfect for any Christmas tree.
22. Improv Trees – A wall hanging once again, this is a great quilt project to use up your scraps on.
23. Tis the Season Table Runner – A tablerunner that looks difficult but is really pretty simple.
24. Christmas Table Runner – Use jumbo rick rack and some applique.
25. Silent Night Table Topper – Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to find this beautiful table topper.
26. Christmas Hexagonal Table Topper
I hope you have enjoyed this roundup of
25 Free Christmas Quilt Patterns
If you liked these then check out this post for 15 more free Christmas quilt patterns.
I use affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, when you make a purchase I may get a small commission. Your support is very appreciated. Thank you!
Download this free quilt pattern Confetti
Don’t forget to check out Fat Quarter Shop’s daily sale!