I finished piecing my red bloom quilt top that I first showed here. I thought I had plenty of fabric to make a quilt for our king size bed but…..evidently I didn’t have as much in my stash as I thought or I have used some since I bought the fabrics.
So far the quilt is approximately 70 x 80. I didn’t use the tan print that I originally bought so I’m not sure how big this quilt will end up. I have scraps of the floral left and about 1 1/2 yards of the cranberry.
These are some fabrics I bought about 2 years ago when they were on clearance at my LQS. The floral prints is Poetic Blossoms by Lisa Audit licensed to Wilmington Prints and the burgundy dot is Over the Moon by David Carter Brown licensed to Wilmington Prints; the beige is Retta Warehine for Quilting Treasures by Cranston 2006.
I’m not happy with the way this turned out……it is kind of boring. Maybe it will look better after it is quilted but I really think it will just look like a store bought bedspread.
I think it will be a bit before we have to mow grass……look at all the…..brown!