This post may contain referral/affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
The wind was blowing and it was freezing but I went outside to get a few pictures. I didn’t go down by the river as I was afraid my quilt might end up in the middle of the river and there would be no way I would go out on the ice.
I think the quilting shows up a little better outside on my Blazing Stars quilt that I made using the AccuQuilt Blazing Star die.
I had fun doing a feather in the green parts of the stars. I didn’t mark the top so my feathers are a little wobbly in some places…well maybe quite a few places. They have a very natural look.
I used a batik on the back and Warm & Natural for the batting. All of the fabrics on the front are batiks too.
The border isn’t the same batik that I used in the stars, this is another piece that I happened to have enough for the sashing and binding. I put a fold on two of the corner so this can be hung.
The quilt is about 29 inches square and I made it pretty much the way it looked on the AccuQuilt Blazing Star die package so it will be called……Blazing Stars.
I guess this is my first quilt finish for 2014!
I really like the way the back looks!
I thought this was a neat picture with the sun shining on part of the quilt so you could see the quilting on it.
It is supposed to warm up just a little today so we might go meet some friends for lunch and I hope I can run in town and get some fabric for the back of Celtic Solstice before the bad weather hits on Monday.