I finished up 3 more of the Blazing Star blocks that I first showed you here. Using the die and the Accuquilt Go made it easy to cut the pieces. Amazingly after doing a lot of seam ripping on the first block…..I didn’t have to touch my seam ripper on the other three! Now I’m trying to decide if I want to make a couple more or just stop here and make a table topper or wall hanging.
I am really, really anxious to cut out some bright, wild batiks like Wanda did.
After I finished the Blazing Star blocks I started working on step 5 of Bonnie Hunter’s Celtic Solstice. This is the first week I didn’t get the step all done but it won’t take me long to finish them.
Linking up with Bonnie’s fun mystery quilt at Quiltville.
This morning we woke up to find that our refrigerator had died during the night. We kind of had a inkling something was going on about a week ago when the freezer part acted up……so…..we emptied it out (fortunately we have another refrigerator and also a freezer in the basement) and headed to town.
We were lucky to find the right size at our local appliance store and a new one will be delivered tomorrow. They only charge $50 to bring it, set it up and haul away the old one, I think that is a bargain compared to worrying about Bob and my brother hurting themselves and…..getting rid of the old one. Just think of all the fabric I could have bought with the money we spent on a new refrigerator……