I finished my first Blazing Star block and I’m ready to make a couple more! A couple weeks ago Wanda from Exuberant Color started showing all these neat batik blocks that she was making using her AccuQuilt Studio and the Blazing Star die. The more blocks she made…..the more I really, really wanted that die!
I have had a AccuQuilt Go Baby for a couple of years but this die was too big for my Go Baby. So…..I bought a AccuQuilt Go and the Blazing Star die by Eleanor Burns. Now I just need to figure out a better place to set it up.
I had a lot of fun making this block and yes……I kept my seam ripper handy as I did sew some parts together wrong. I think it might have been easier to make the first time with fabrics that have a distinctive front and back. I have a 1/2 yard of each of these fabrics, the background is actually a light peach batik and I’m going to make several blocks. Wanda mentioned laying the whole block out before starting to sew it and that is what I’m going to do. Her blog is one of my favorites to visit, she is so creative!
I pulled out a pile of quilt tops that I want to get finished. I actually took this photo last week and you can see that I have already finished the brown batik one and showed it yesterday. Only 6 more to go…..and of course any new ones I finish piecing.
Now I’m off to work on part 5 of Celtic Solstice.