This post may contain referral/affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Here is a little wall hanging I finished yesterday for this weeks challenge of Square in a square at Project QUILTING. Are you taking part? I love small projects and it should be fun to complete a new challenge every week.
It is a 15 inch x 17 inch wall hanging. I made the center square as part of a block from a pattern but didn’t read the directions carefully and it wasn’t right. Instead of tearing it out……I just made something else. I used my Sizzix Big Shot to cut out some little flowers and free motion appliqued them to it.
Closeup of free motion applique.
Here you can see the back. Sometimes I use paper for a stabilizer and sometimes….like here I just quilt on the batting. I don’t know if you can see or not but I zig-zagged some batting scraps together.
Then I added the backing and did some stipple quilting.
When it was time to add my binding I had a sleepy eyed assistant helping me. Notice he is lying on one of my Easy Street quilt tops…..so much for the pressing I did. I used my 15-91 Singer sewing machine for the entire piece.
I cut 5 inch squares and folded them diagonally for each of the corners on the back so the wall hanging can be hung vertically or horizontally with a thin dowel.
I’m going to call this January Blues
Sometimes I like to have a little fun in Photoshop and see what something would look like in a different color. Here is the same wall hanging in pinks and in teals.