Crossroads Block Tutorial
Last Saturday I showed a couple of the Crossroads blocks that I had made for this month’s Rainbow Scrap Challenge after seeing the block that Teresa showed. This is a old block pattern that was called Patience Corner. I made a couple small ones and then thought…..why not make it in different sizes. At the end of this post there is a reference card you can print with the sizes on it.
6 inch block (finished size)
- 4 – 2 1/2 inch squares – background fabric
- 10 – 1 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch rectangles – assorted prints
9 inch block (finished size)
- 4 – 3 1/2 inch squares – background fabric
- 10 – 2 x 3 1/2 inch rectangles – assorted prints
12 inch block (finished size)
- 4 – 4 1/2 inch squares – background fabric
- 10 – 2 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch rectangles – assorted prints
Here is a diagram for putting the pieces together.
That completes half of the block, now use the rest of the pieces to make another one the same way, turn it and sew together.
Here is a photo with my pink scraps.
I made a little reference card that you can print out. Click on the image and save; and it should print out as a 4 x 6 index card.
|4 x 6 card to print out|
I’ve been playing in Electric Quilt with the block in different sizes to come up with with quilt ideas. Do you like the idea of a printable block card and would you like to see more?
Looking for another great Valentine Heart free pattern?
Get this one