This is a little quilt that I actually finished about 3 years ago and then when I washed and dried it the binding (which hadn’t been washed) shrank and the poor thing had buckles and waves everywhere.
I finally couldn’t stand it anymore and trimmed off the binding, there was no way I was going to take a seam ripper to it. Then for some reason or other it disappeared into that never-ending pile of projects to be finished and……I forgot about it.
This one of the first Disappearing 9 patch (DP9) quilts that I ever did, lots of fun fabrics! The size is approximately 30 x 30 inches. This will be perfect out on the deck on the table. We have talked about covering our deck forever as neither Builder Bob or I are sun lovers anymore……well a couple days ago he surprised me and said we should do it NOW!!! Sounds good to me so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that we will start! Notice the deck floor……still not sealed.
A closeup of the quilting and applique. It is hard to believe that I didn’t do free motion applique on it! I used a variegated thread for the quilting and didn’t care for the look at all. It looks to me like the fabrics bleed and the thread grabbed the dye.