I don’t know if the weather is ever going to warm up enough for flowers here in Iowa so I decided to start appliqueing some!
I spent most of my time yesterday on the computer instead of at the sewing machine as I worked on a couple floral patterns. In the afternoon I finally printed off a couple things and couldn’t wait to cut out some fabric and do a little free motion applique.
Batiks are perfect for raw-edge applique as they don’t fray much.
For the little hexagon flowers I used my AccuQuilt GO! dies. They are supposed to be for English paper piecing but flowers are more my style. I used the 1 inch EPP die and after I finished appliqueing I decided the center needed a little more so I have added the tiny little hexagon from the 1/2 inch EPP die but I didn’t get a picture of that.